Sunday, January 15, 2012

Essie Mademoiselle

Super Sunday Post!!!  Back on schedule.  =)

I am so excited to have a Sunday off.  I only have gotten out of bed to eat, and then got right back into bed where it is warm.  Remember that lovely spring weather I was telling you about the other day?  Well, it's gone.  Since then, it has snow flurried approximately 3 times.  And if you know anything about how GA reacts to snow, you know that most people either get super excited about it or despise it with a firey passion.  I am one of the latter.  I need to move to FL where 75* F is cold.

Onto nail polish.  One day many moons ago while I was waiting at CVS for something I was flipping through a magazine and saw the Essie ad for Mademoiselle (which I can't find a picture of), turned around and marched over to where they had the Essie polishes and snatched one up for myself.  So, Essie, your clever marketing campaign has worked.

Mademoiselle is a sheer polish, although on the Essie  website it isn't categorized as one, and is perfect for French manicures.  It's a delicate pale pink, very pretty and feminine.  Great for any time of the year if you are season-conscious, but more of a spring/summer color to me.  And did I mention it was sheer?

I am not the biggest fan of sheer polishes.  One of my many OCD quirks is that when I put on polishes I would like to be able to see that there is polish on my nails and that it has a distinct shade.  I did two coats at first of Mademoiselle, and couldn't event tell that I had painted them.  I ended up putting four (4) coats on before I was satisfied with the amount of visible pigment on my nails.  Then I didn't touch anything for an hour while I let it cure.

Two nails did decide it would be a good time to break and look like freaks on my hand right before I didn't this manicure too.

Direct sunlight

Shade

This manicure did last me a full week, I have to admit, it has staying power.  I'm not sure if it's because I put 4 coats on or because I didn't end up obsessing over it because it was so light.  Either way, this color is classy.  Also, in person it made my tan look a little darker.

Essie Mademoiselle retails for $8 US.



No comments:

Post a Comment