Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Blue Year's Eve

Hey everyone!  Today has kind of been sucky.  I have no idea why, but on days when I don't have coffee in the mornings everyone, with the exception of a few select people, irritates the crap out of me.  So I came home, made some coffee, redid my nails, and got a glass of yummy French wine.  Today is now much better.

So far I have two out of China Glaze's holiday 2011 Let It Snow collection, and I put them both in one manicure.  I have Blue Year's Eve and Tinseltown.  Blue is a rich royal/denim blue with a blue micro shimmer .  The formula is actually a littler thinner than I'm used to with China Glaze being, but three thin to average coats got full coverage with no bald spots.  I noticed that the base color in this is very similar to an Essie color, and I even did a touch up with it.  Essie's Aruba Blue, while super shiny but not a glitter, is exactly the same blue.  Although, Aruba Blue is more of a summer shade to me, probably because it doesn't have the glitter like Blue Year's Eve.

Tinseltown is a thick glitter in a black jelly base.  Multiple sizes of glitter: large hex, medium size round, and micro glitter all in one!  It's so shiny!  I used it as my accent nail in this manicure, but this one chipped so easily.  I don't know what it is about these super thick glitters, but each one I've tried out so far has done the same thing.  Looks great by itself, then chips two hours later.  I have a feeling that this would stay on better if I used a gray as a base and then put that on top of it.  This one is also very textured, but one coat of top coat was enough for me to get it smooth.



Pictures taken under artificial light with flash.

China Glaze Blue Year's Eve and Tinseltown both retail for $7 US.

No comments:

Post a Comment