Wednesday, December 28, 2011

In The Limelight (Neon)

Hello everyone!  Today I bring you something obnoxiously bright!

I wore this manicure before the holidays and just never got around to posting it.  I'd had a particularly irritating day at work and needed something bright to help cheer me up.  If you have ever worked in retail before, you completely understand where I'm coming from.  Holiday season makes me hate the holidays.

Here is China Glaze In The Limelight (Neon).  This was very interesting to me for a few reasons.  The formula was very thin and watery, so I ended up using three coats just to get even coverage, but what I found to be most intriguing was that this shade dried matte.  I like matte polishes, some people don't, but I do.  It makes it look like suede to me.  But this looked like a caterpillar was on my hand as a matte.  So maybe another day.  A top coat made it shiny, so I was happy for the time being with that.

I had used a no chip top coat by Sally Hansen, which has never given me any problems before.  But, the next morning when I woke up and looked at my nails there were huge chunks of the polish completely missing.  Not as in, I hit my hand on something and the tips messed up.  There were huge flakes missing from the middle of my nail.  This mani didn't even last 12 hours before it quit on me.  So disappointing.

But here a pictures of it while it was whole anyway.



Obnoxiously bright, yes?  It did help to lift my mood, so it served it's purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment