Monday, December 26, 2011

Perceval

Merry Christmas everyone!  Happy Chanukah!  If I missed your holiday, have a great one!

I am so incredibly excited, I can barely contain myself.  I have been dying to get my hands on anything from a-england, I've seen posts on it all over the web and was practically salivating over these polishes.  The Mythicals collection is the very first collection from this line and they're all named after figures from Arthurian legend.  So that made the nerdy side of me happy.

I had obsessed over these lovely polishes for a while, deciding from the website just which one I really wanted to try first before I laid down my cash, since they are priced at 9 British Pounds.  Thinking of this price in terms of US dollars, I figured these to be on the nicer end of the spectrum: nicer than OPI but not as crazy pricey as say Chanel (which I have sadly never used).  If thought of that way, sure, I would have bought it myself no problem.  But, since  the British Pound is stronger than the US dollar I had to stop and think about it.  9 GBP roughly equals 14 USD, as of 12/26/2011 according to XE Universal Currency Converter.  So I decided I'd get one or two of them as a holiday splurge.  A Merry Christmas to me, if you will.

And I said as much on my facebook wall.  Luckily, my dear friend Herself's (whom I have previously mentioned) fiance (aka Brother) saw the post and wanted to know, for the sake of science, which one I liked.  I couldn't decide between two of them, but let him know which ones.  He said he'd pass it on to Santa.

Well, Santa delivered, my friends!  I opened my present and literally squealed, I was so excited.  Right in front of me were Perceval and Galahad.  Oh my goodness, they are so pretty!  When I got home I immediately put on Perceval to be my Christmas Nails.

My original assumption on the quality of the polish was correct.  The formula is to die for.  Completely smooth finish, no streaking or drag, and thick enough to be a one coat-er for complete coverage without bald spots.  And the polish has lasted through 5 days of wear!  We all know how hard I am on my nails from previous posts and that I get bored very easily.  I might just redo this one and wear it until later in the week.

The color on the website is described as "splendid and resplendent red," which I agree with.  At a glance, the shade could be compared to OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress, but that shade is a fraction too dark.  Perceval is more of a metallic fire engine red.  A great year-round red, but very appropriate for fall and winter.


I am in love.

a-england Perceval retails for 9 GBP and is available for purchase directly from the website a-england.co.uk.  Right now the website is offering FREE worldwide shipping on all orders!

**This polish was given to me as my Christmas present, so I didn't actually purchase it.  Thank you Herself and Brother!

1 comment:

  1. You are so very welcome!Glad you lobe it.Lobe you!

    ReplyDelete