Sunday, March 4, 2012

Zoya Sloane

Hi dolls!  Long time no post.  It's been a strange week.

So for Valentine's Day Zoya was running a special where you could get a free red polish plus free shipping if you used a certain code with any $8 purchase, so it was pretty much buy one get one free.  As soon as I saw it on their Twitter I checked it out myself and posted on my Facebook about it, since the sale was only for two days.  A friend of mine asked me how I find out about these sales (because Julep was also having a V-Day sale that I mentioned on FB).  I troll on blogs, am on about a dozen mailing lists, and creep on Twitter.  I take my nail polish seriously.

This is Sloane, she's a blackened purple with a metallic shimmer that is almost microscopic, it's very muted.  I think I could only really see it in direct sunlight.  But there are hints of pink, blue, purple, and red in it, so it is very pretty.  Sloane is originally from the Pulse collection, which is entirely dark vampy metallics (my favorite kind).  I got complete opacity in two thin coats, so you could probably do the same with one thick coat in a pinch.

I know it's beginning to be Spring and all, and all the new collections have bright or pastel colors, but vamp colors are always appropriate in my book.  They just make you feel more sultry, like how bright colors make you feel flirty.  I could be making this up, but that's what I get from it.  =)

Direct Sunlight, my skin looks a little washed out.

Direct sunlight

Shade

My camera couldn't pick up the shimmer in it, and my friend C couldn't even see it very well in person, but I promise it's there.  Also, these pictures were taking after a full week of wear with only a touch up on my middle nail because it decided to break off.  This is why I love Zoya polishes so much.  Because they are made for natural nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment